Mon, Mar 06|
Yoga for Migraine and Headache Relief and Prevention (4 Week Yoga Online Therapy Group)
Do you suffer from chronic headaches and migraines? Are you looking for a way to incorporate yoga as a tool to assist you when you are in need of quick relief, and as a tool to prevent the onset of migraines and headaches? Join us for this 4 week yoga therapy group with Mayuri.
Mar 06, 2023, 4:00 PM – Mar 27, 2023, 5:00 PM
4 Week Yoga Therapy Group:
- Session #1: Monday, 3/6 from 4:00p-5:00p EST
- Session #2: Monday 3/13 from 4:00p-5:00p EST
- Session #3: Monday 3/20 4:00p-5:00p EST EST
- Session #4: Monday 3/27 4:00p-5:00p EST EST
Prior to the start of the program (or within the first week) participants will schedule a private 45-minute intake session with the supervising yoga therapist to discuss their health history, symptoms, and goals for the program and complete a postural assessment.
- * Individual 45-minute intake session
- * Four 60-minute group therapy sessions
- * Recordings of 4 sequences to use at-home
- * Resources and educational handouts to support reducing/ eliminating your pain
- Throughout the one month program, participants will have on-demand support with the yoga therapist to troubleshoot using the tools of the program to address any headaches/migraines in real-time.
Required Props: Yoga mat, 2 blocks, 1 blanket/towel, 2 yoga tune up ball in tote or 2 tennis balls in sock.
Research and evidence
Recent research agrees that can improve migraine symptoms, usually alongside standard medical treatment.
- A 2021 study of 61 participants concluded that yoga therapy combined with standard medical treatment could further improve peoples’ quality of life and reduce migraine headaches.
- Previous 2020 research agreed with this conclusion. Researchers found that in 161 participants, yoga as an added therapy is superior to medical treatment alone and could offer a cost-effective and safe way to help treat migraine.
- A small study published in 2018 found that yoga paired with Ayurveda, a holistic form of medicine originating in India, reduces migraine symptoms and pain intensity and improves quality of life.
- Earlier 2014 research with 60 participants concluded that a yoga intervention significantly improved headache frequency and pain intensity. It also found that yoga therapy improved cardiac autonomic balance, referring to the interaction between the parasympathetic and sympathetic nervous systems.
A Toolbox to Manage Pain and Prevent Onset
In this workshop, you will develop pain management skills to calm your nervous system and stay ahead of pain patterns. You will learn postures and activities that address nausea and discomfort during a headache and release tension in the neck, jaw, face & shoulders.
Healing can sometimes be confusing because each practitioner is different and pain situations can be complex. Yet, Yoga is a pathway to hope and vitality. Through Yoga, there are clues and practices that can support you to find pathways to healing.
Mayuri has applied these strategies herself to bounce back from debilitating migraines and enjoys helping practitioners develop a toolbox of asana and pranayama that encourage independence with healing techniques. Once a practitioner has tools, feelings of helplessness transform into knowledge and then mending and living can begin.
Private Intake (to be scheduled with therapist on or before 2/27)
Session #1 (we will continue to meet for 4 consecutive Mondays)Online
- Ticket type
Yoga Therapy SeriesPrice$225.00